光玩不行提示您:看后求收藏(350中文350zw.com),接着再看更方便。

然后我必须到田野里去,看看风是否把草和树叶上的灰尘吹走了,而我必须做的最困难的任务,就是摘下所有的星星并把它们擦亮。

Then I must go into the fields and see if the wind has blown the dust from the grass and the leaves, and the most difficult task of all which I have to do, is to take down all the stars and brighten them up.

我得先给它们编号,然后才能把它们放在我的围裙里,还得给我摘取它们的地方编号,这样它们才能回到正确的洞里,否则它们就待不住,我们就会看到很多流星,因为它们会一个接一个地落下来。”

I have to number them first before I put them in my apron, and also to number the places from which I take them, so that they may go back into the right holes, or else they would not remain, and we should have a number of falling stars, for they would all tumble down one after the other.”

“听着!卢科伊先生,” 挂在雅尔玛卧室墙上的一幅旧画像说道。

“Hark ye! Mr.

Luk - Oie,” said an old portrait which hung on the wall of Hjalmar’s bedroom.

“你认识我吗?

“Do you know me?

我是雅尔玛的曾祖父。

I am Hjalmar’s great - grandfather.

我感谢你给这孩子讲故事,但是你不要混淆他的观念。

I thank you for telling the boy stories, but you must not confuse his ideas.

星星是不能从天上摘下来擦亮的;

The stars cannot be taken down from the sky and polished;

它们是像我们地球一样的球体,这对它们来说是件好事。”

they are spheres like our earth, which is a good thing for them.”

“谢谢你,老曾祖父,” 奥勒 - 卢科伊说。

“Thank you, old great - grandfather,” said Ole - Luk - Oie.

“谢谢你;

“I thank you;

你可能是家族的长辈,毫无疑问你是的,但我比你年长。

you may be the head of the family, as no doubt you are, but I am older than you.

我是一个古老的异教徒。

I am an ancient heathen.

古罗马人和古希腊人把我称为梦神。

The old Romans and Greeks named me the Dream - god.

我到过最高贵的人家,而且还会继续这样做;

I have visited the noblest houses, and continue to do so;

不过我知道如何与高低贵贱之人相处,现在你可以自己讲故事了:” 于是奥勒 - 卢科伊带着他的雨伞走了。

still I know how to conduct myself both to high and low, and now you may tell the stories yourself:” and so Ole - Luk - Oie walked off, taking his umbrellas with him.

“好吧,好吧,我想人永远不该发表意见。” 画像嘟囔着。

“Well, well, one is never to give an opinion, I suppose,” grumbled the portrait.

然后它把雅尔玛吵醒了。

And it woke Hjalmar.

星期天

SUNDAY

“晚上好。” 奥勒 - 卢科伊说。

“Good evening,” said Ole - Luk - Oie.

雅尔玛点了点头,然后跳下床,把他曾祖父的画像转到墙那面,这样它就不会像昨天那样打扰他们了。

Hjalmar nodded, and then sprang out of bed, and turned his great - grandfather’s portrait to the wall, so that it might not interrupt them as it had done yesterday.

“现在,” 他说,“你得给我讲些关于长在一个豆荚里的五颗绿豌豆的故事;

“Now,” said he, “you must tell me some stories about five green peas that lived in one pod;

或者讲矢车菊向繁缕求爱的故事;

or of the chickseed that courted the chickweed;

或者讲织补针的故事,它因为自认为是绣花针就表现得非常骄傲。”

or of the darning needle, who acted so proudly because she fancied herself an embroidery needle.”

“好事太多也可能过犹不及。” 奥勒 - 卢科伊说。

“You may have too much of a good thing,” said Ole - Luk - Oie.

“你知道我最喜欢给你展示东西,所以我要给你看看我的兄弟。

“You know that I like best to show you something, so I will show you my brother.

他也叫奥勒 - 卢科伊,但他只拜访每个人一次,当他来的时候,他会把人放在他的马背上带走,在骑马的时候给他讲故事。

He is also called Ole - Luk - Oie but he never visits any one but once, and when he does come, he takes him away on his horse, and tells him stories as they ride along.

他只知道两个故事。

He knows only two stories.

其中一个美得惊人,世界上没有人能想象出与之类似的故事;

One of these is so wonderfully beautiful, that no one in the world can imagine anything at all like it;

但另一个却又丑陋又可怕,以至于无法描述。”

but the other is just as ugly and frightful, so that it would be impossible to describe it.”

然后奥勒 - 卢科伊把雅尔玛举到窗户边。

Then Ole - Luk - Oie lifted Hjalmar up to the window.

“看,现在你能看到我的兄弟,另一个奥勒 - 卢科伊;

“There now, you can see my brother, the other Ole - Luk - Oie;

他也叫死神。

he is also called Death.

你看,他并不像图画书里描绘的那么坏;

You perceive he is not so bad as they represent him in picture books;

在那儿他是一具骷髅,但现在他的外套上绣着银线,他穿着华丽的轻骑兵制服,身后黑色的天鹅绒披风在马背上飘扬。

there he is a skeleton, but now his coat is embroidered with silver, and he wears the splendid uniform of a hussar, and a mantle of black velvet flies behind him, over the horse.

看,他骑得多快啊。”

Look, how he gallops along.”

雅尔玛看到这个奥勒 - 卢科伊骑马前行时,抱起老人和年轻人,把他们放在马背上带走。

Hjalmar saw that as this Ole - Luk - Oie rode on, he lifted up old and young, and carried them away on his horse.

有些人他让坐在前面,有些人坐在后面,但总是先问:“成绩册怎么样?”

Some he seated in front of him, and some behind, but always inquired first, “How stands the mark - book?”

“好。” 他们都回答道。

“Good,” they all answered.

“是的,但让我自己看看。” 他回答道;

“Yes, but let me see for myself,” he replied;

于是他们不得不把成绩册交给他。

and they were obliged to give him the books.

然后所有成绩是 “非常好” 或者 “极好” 的人就坐在马的前面,听那个美丽的故事;

Then all those who had “Very good,” or “Exceedingly good,” came in front of the horse, and heard the beautiful story;

而那些成绩册上写着 “中等” 或者 “还不错” 的人,就只能坐在后面,听那个可怕的故事。

while those who had “Middling,” or “Tolerably good,” in their books, were obliged to sit behind, and listen to the frightful tale.

他们颤抖着哭泣,想要从马上跳下来,但他们无法挣脱,因为他们似乎被固定在座位上了。

They trembled and cried, and wanted to jump down from the horse, but they could not get free, for they seemed fastened to the seat.

“哎呀,死神是个非常了不起的卢科伊。” 雅尔玛说。

“Why, Death is a most splendid Luk - Oie,” said Hjalmar.

“我一点也不怕他。”

“I am not in the least afraid of him.”

“如果你小心谨慎,保持一本良好行为记录册,你就不必怕他。” 奥勒 - 卢科伊说。

“You need have no fear of him,” said Ole - Luk - Oie, “if you take care and keep a good conduct book.”

“我觉得这很有教育意义。” 曾祖父的画像喃喃自语道。

“Now I call that very instructive,” murmured the great - grandfather’s portrait.

“有时候表达一下观点还是有用的;”

“It is useful sometimes to express an opinion;”

于是他非常满意。

so he was quite satisfied.

这些就是奥勒 - 卢科伊的一些所作所为和言论。

These are some of the doings and sayings of Ole - Luk - Oie.

我希望他今晚能亲自拜访你,再讲一些故事。

I hope he may visit you himself this evening, and relate some more.

玄幻奇幻推荐阅读 More+
天青私塾

天青私塾

任中和
您有没有遇到过,到某个陌生的地方,却有种曾经来过的熟悉感,感觉像梦里梦见过一般?或是某条街道,或是某栋建筑,或是街边的某个橱窗。那种笃定曾经见过的信念,会吓自己一大跳!但又实在记不起来,什么时候来过?或是通过什么方式真的见过?这又使得自己很迷茫。
玄幻 连载 0万字