一句一译的安徒生童话 第15章 梦神 Ole-Luk-Oie, the Dream-God (第4/5页)
光玩不行提示您:看后求收藏(350中文350zw.com),接着再看更方便。
“我们今晚做什么呢?”
“What shall we do to - night?”
雅尔玛问道。
asked Hjalmar.
“我不知道你是否愿意去参加另一场婚礼,” 他回答道,“虽然这和我们昨晚看到的那场完全不同。
“I do not know whether you would care to go to another wedding,” he replied, “although it is quite a different affair to the one we saw last night.
你姐姐的大玩偶,打扮得像个男人,名叫赫尔曼,打算和玩偶伯莎结婚。
Your sister’s large doll, that is dressed like a man, and is called Herman, intends to marry the doll Bertha.
今天也是玩偶们的生日,他们会收到很多礼物。”
It is also the dolls’ birthday, and they will receive many presents.”
“是的,我已经知道了,” 雅尔玛说,“我姐姐总是在她的玩偶需要新衣服的时候让它们过生日或者举办婚礼;
“Yes, I know that already,” said Hjalmar, “my sister always allows her dolls to keep their birthdays or to have a wedding when they require new clothes;
我敢肯定,这种事已经发生过一百次了。”
that has happened already a hundred times, I am quite sure.”
“是的,可能是这样;
“Yes, so it may;
但是今晚是第一百零一次婚礼,一旦举行了这次婚礼,就必须是最后一次了,所以这次会极其盛大。
but to - night is the hundred and first wedding, and when that has taken place it must be the last, therefore this is to be extremely beautiful.
只要看看就知道了。”
Only look.”
雅尔玛看向桌子,那里立着纸板做的小玩偶屋,所有的窗户都亮着灯,锡兵们在屋前列队举枪致敬。
Hjalmar looked at the table, and there stood the little card - board doll’s house, with lights in all the windows, and drawn up before it were the tin soldiers presenting arms.
新婚夫妇坐在地板上,靠着桌腿,看起来若有所思,这是有充分理由的。
The bridal pair were seated on the floor, leaning against the leg of the table, looking very thoughtful, and with good reason.
然后奥勒 - 卢科伊穿上祖母的黑色长袍为他们主持了婚礼。
Then Ole - Luk - Oie dressed up in grandmother’s black gown married them.
婚礼一结束,房间里所有的家具就一起唱起了一首美妙的歌,这首歌是由铅笔创作的,曲调是军队的归营号。
As soon as the ceremony was concluded, all the furniture in the room joined in singing a beautiful song, which had been composed by the lead pencil, and which went to the melody of a military tattoo.
“风中传来欢乐的声音,
当婚姻的仪式将
一对安静恩爱的伴侣结合,
虽然是用小山羊皮制成,却光滑又美丽!
万岁!即使他们又聋又瞎,
天气不好我们也要歌唱。”
“What merry sounds are on the wind,
As marriage rites together bind
A quiet and a loving pair,
Though formed of kid, yet smooth and fair!
Hurrah! If they are deaf and blind,
We’ll sing, though weather prove unkind.”
现在到了送礼物的时候;
And now came the present;
但是新婚夫妇没有东西吃,因为爱情就是他们的食物。
but the bridal pair had nothing to eat, for love was to be their food.
“我们是去乡间别墅,还是去旅行呢?”
“Shall we go to a country house, or travel?”
新郎问道。
asked the bridegroom.
然后他们向飞过很远路程的燕子和院子里养过五窝小鸡的老母鸡请教。
Then they consulted the swallow who had travelled so far, and the old hen in the yard, who had brought up five broods of chickens.
燕子向他们讲述温暖的国家,那里葡萄成串地挂在葡萄藤上,空气轻柔温和,还有那些色彩比我们能想象的还要美丽的山脉。
And the swallow talked to them of warm countries, where the grapes hang in large clusters on the vines, and the air is soft and mild, and about the mountains glowing with colors more beautiful than we can think of.
“但是那里没有我们这儿的红甘蓝,” 母鸡说,“我曾经带着我的小鸡们在乡下待了一整个夏天,那里有一个大沙坑,我们可以在里面随意走动和刨土。
“But they have no red cabbage like we have,” said the hen, “I was once in the country with my chickens for a whole summer, there was a large sand - pit, in which we could walk about and scratch as we liked.
然后我们走进一个花园,里面种着红甘蓝;
Then we got into a garden in which grew red cabbage;
哦,那是多么美味啊,我想不出还有什么比这更可口的了。”
oh, how nice it was, I cannot think of anything more delicious.”
“但是一棵甘蓝菜梗和另一棵完全一样。” 燕子说;
“But one cabbage stalk is exactly like another,” said the swallow;
“而且我们这儿经常天气不好。”
“and here we have often bad weather.”
“是的,但是我们已经习惯了。” 母鸡说。
“Yes, but we are accustomed to it,” said the hen.
“但是这里很冷,有时候还会结冰。”
“But it is so cold here, and freezes sometimes.”
“寒冷的天气对甘蓝有好处。” 母鸡说;
“Cold weather is good for cabbages,” said the hen;
“而且我们这儿有时候也很暖和。
“besides we do have it warm here sometimes.
四年前,我们有一个持续了五个多星期的夏天,热得人几乎喘不过气来。
Four years ago, we had a summer that lasted more than five weeks, and it was so hot one could scarcely breathe.
而且在这个国家我们没有有毒的动物,也没有强盗。
And then in this country we have no poisonous animals, and we are free from robbers.
不认为我们国家是所有国家中最好的人一定很坏。
He must be wicked who does not consider our country the finest of all lands.
不应该允许他在这里生活。”
He ought not to be allowed to live here.”
然后母鸡哭得很伤心,说:“我也旅行过。
And then the hen wept very much and said, “I have also travelled.
我曾经在笼子里走了十二英里,那根本不是愉快的旅行。”
I once went twelve miles in a coop, and it was not pleasant travelling at all.”
“这只母鸡是个明智的女人。” 玩偶伯莎说。
“The hen is a sensible woman,” said the doll Bertha.
“我不想翻山越岭地旅行,只是上去又下来。
“I don’t care for travelling over mountains, just to go up and come down again.
不,让我们去大门前的沙坑,然后在甘蓝菜园里散散步吧。”
No, let us go to the sand - pit in front of the gate, and then take a walk in the cabbage garden.”
于是他们就这么决定了。
And so they settled it.
星期六
SATURDAY
“我还能再听些故事吗?”
“Am I to hear any more stories?”
小雅尔玛一被奥勒 - 卢科伊哄睡着就问道。
asked little Hjalmar, as soon as Ole - Luk - Oie had sent him to sleep.
“今晚我们没时间了。” 他说着,在孩子上方撑开了他最漂亮的伞。
“We shall have no time this evening,” said he, spreading out his prettiest umbrella over the child.
“看看这些中国人。” 然后整把伞看起来就像一个大瓷碗,上面有蓝色的树和尖顶的桥,桥上站着小中国人在点头。
“Look at these Chinese,” and then the whole umbrella appeared like a large china bowl, with blue trees and pointed bridges, upon which stood little Chinamen nodding their heads.
“我们必须为明天早晨把整个世界变得美丽,” 奥勒 - 卢科伊说,“因为明天是假日,是星期天。
“We must make all the world beautiful for to - morrow morning,” said Ole - Luk - Oie, “for it will be a holiday, it is Sunday.
我现在必须到教堂的尖塔去,看看住在那儿的小精灵们是否把钟擦亮了,这样钟声就会悦耳动听。
I must now go to the church steeple and see if the little sprites who live there have polished the bells, so that they may sound sweetly.